Solar Panel Farm
Installed in 2014, we have 850 photovoltaic panels that are capable of generating 212 kW of power. Our solar farm generates approximately 330 MWh of electricity every year from the sun's energy.
Annually, this allows us to roughly:
- Save 500,000 lbs of CO2 emissions
- Plant an equivalent of 13,000 trees
- Power 1,000,000 light bulbs
We are currently underway with a program to replace all existing fluorescent lighting in our facility with Hyperikon LED lighting. These replacement LED bulbs are more efficient and use less energy, all while eliminating the use of mercury.
Reduce, Recycle & Reuse
The small things count too. In addition to large green initiative projects, we have also implemented smaller, but still important, programs as well. These include things such as:
- Double-sided printing
- Internal reuse of single-sided only printed paper
- Recyclable trash containers alongside all landfill trash containers
- Employee contests to encourage lower use of plastic water bottles
- Drought-tolerant plant landscaping - hand-watering only with zero installed sprinklers
- Use of biodegradable packing peanuts only for packaging shipments
- Available electrical car charging stations for employees